Behind The Servers S1E1
Episode 1: What's this podcasting thing anyways?
Welcome to Episode 1 of Behind the Servers. In Behind The Servers we take a look at the lives of the people who make keep our world’s technology running. This month’s podcast features guest sysadmin Phoummala Schmitt, better known as @ExchangeGoddess.
Schmitt is a systems administrator for a fortune 1000 company. As her Twitter handle might suggest, she is well known for her expertise in Microsoft Exchange, but is also quite familiar with Windows Server, Microsoft Lync, VMware’s virtualisation offerings and several other technologies as well. Phoummala is a well known blogger, and is periodically asked to speak at conferences.
We start off with 5 minutes of children, shoes, shirts and super heroes before diving into “swearing in the workplace”, poop t-shirts and the story of her family’s escape from Laos. Who is Phoummala? What drives her? What are her views on iPhone versus Android, speaking at tech conferences and more?
- Intro to PowerShell 3 – The PowerShell ISE - December 11, 2014
- Intro to PowerShell 2 – Cmdlets - December 11, 2014
- Intro to PowerShell 1 – The PowerShell CLI - December 11, 2014
- BigPanda cuts the chatter - November 20, 2014
- Stratusphere FIT and UX solutions hit 5.7 - November 10, 2014
- Review: ioSafe 1513+ - November 6, 2014
- Quaddra provides Storage Insight - November 5, 2014
- Unsatisfactory Responses - July 15, 2014
- Disabling the Windows Update Framework - April 8, 2014
- Behind The Servers S1E1 - March 27, 2014